Updated March 1, 2021
The DOCOMOMO US/New York Tri-State website, with its homepage at https://www.docomomo-nytri.org, strives to provide current and accurate information on the organization’s activities as well as general news and event announcements related to Modern movement architecture, landscape and urban design in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut.
Unless otherwise noted, all webpages, documents, graphics and images are the property of DOCOMOMO/US New York Tri-State. Permission is required to use any text, graphics or images for any other purposes, with the exception of short, attributed quotes from the text.
This website with its home page in the domain “docomomo-nytri.org” (the “website”) is an information service offered by DOCOMOMO US/New York Tri-State at no charge to users with the express condition that these users agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set forth in this User Agreement. DOCOMOMO US/New York Tri-State reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time. It is the responsibility of the user to keep current with this user agreement.
Although DOCOMOMO US/New York Tri-State makes every effort to see that no inaccurate or misleading information or statements appear on this website, it is impossible to ensure total accuracy. In addition, the website is not intended to dispense legal or other technical advice. Therefore, the information on the DOCOMOMO US/ New York Tri-State website is provided “as is” for general informational and educational purposes only.
By accessing the information contained on this web site, you represent that you have read and agree to the following terms:
• You acknowledge that the information on the website is provided “as is” for general informational and educational purposes only.
• While the website’s hosting service’s servers utilize current virus protection utilities, DOCOMOMO US/New York Tri-State makes no warranty that these pages, or the server that makes them available, are free of viruses or other harmful elements, and such warranties are expressly disclaimed.
• DOCOMOMO US/New York Tri-State accepts no liability whatsoever for consequences of any inaccurate data, opinion or statement and expressly disclaims all warranties regarding the content of this website, including but not limited to any warranty of accuracy, completeness, currency, reliability, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. You agree that you will hold harmless DOCOMOMO US/New York Tri-State and its officers, directors, volunteer staff, consultants, interns and published authors from all claims arising out of or related to your access to or use of, or your inability to access or use, this website or the information contained in this website or other websites to which it is linked, including but not limited to claims that you have found something you have viewed or downloaded from this website or another website to which it is linked to be offensive, defamatory or infringing upon your intellectual property rights. In no event will DOCOMOMO US/New York Tri-State or the contributors of information to this website be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken by you in reliance on such information or for any consequential, special or similar damages, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
• You acknowledge that opinions and recommendations contained in this website may not necessarily be those of DOCOMOMO US/New York Tri-State, its board of directors or individual members of the organization.
• DOCOMOMO US/New York Tri-State provides links on the website to other websites that are not under the control of DOCOMOMO US/New York Tri-State. In general, any website that has an address (or URL) that does not contain “docomomo-nytri.org” is such a website. These links are provided for convenience of reference only and are not intended as an endorsement by DOCOMOMO US/New York Tri-State of the organization or individual(s) operating the website or a warranty of any type regarding linked websites or the information on these sites.
LINKING TO THIS SITE
• You may provide a hypertext link to this website on another website, provided that
a. the appearance, position and other aspects of the link are not such as to damage or dilute the goodwill associated with DOCOMOMO US/New York Tri-State’s name and logo,
b. the appearance, position and other aspects of the link do not create the false appearance that an entity other than DOCOMOMO US New York/Tri-State is associated with or sponsored by DOCOMOMO US New York/Tri-State, and
c. the link, when activated by a user, displays this website in a new browser window and not within a “frame” on the linking website.
• The works of authorship contained in this website, including but not limited to all design, text and images, are owned, licensed, made available as courtesy by others for publicity or used with permission by DOCOMOMO US/New York Tri-State, and may not be copied, reproduced, transmitted, displayed, distributed, rented, sublicensed, altered, stored for subsequent use or otherwise used in whole or in part in any manner without DOCOMOMO US/New York Tri-State’s prior consent, except that
a. the user may make such temporary copies in a single computer’s RAM and hard drive cache as are necessary to browse the website; and
b. the user may make printouts of pages of the website to be used by the user for personal and noncommercial uses that do not harm the reputation of DOCOMOMO US New York/Tri-State.
c. the user may download documents presented on the website for these purposes.
d. the user may reproduce short quotes from the text provided they are clearly attributed to the DOCOMOMO US/New York Tri-State web site.
• This website (excluding linked sites) is controlled by DOCOMOMO US/New York Tri-State, which is headquartered in the State of New York, United States of America. This website can be accessed from all 50 states, as well as from other countries around the world. When you access this website, both you and DOCOMOMO US/New York Tri-State agree that the statutes and laws of the State of New York, without regard to conflicts of laws or principles thereof, will apply to all matters arising from or relating to use of this website.